The Pacific Logistics Bonspiel (Logspiel) – A look back
The Logspiel has been an annual event since 1976. There have only been a few years where the competition has not been held, due to operational tempo and of course the recent COVID-19 restrictions. The bonspiel was instituted to allow Logisticians from the Canadian Forces in BC to come together in a spirit of sportsmanship to renew old friendships and make new ones.
Originally hosted rotationally among CFB Esquimalt, CFB Chilliwack and CFB Comox, the Spiel brought teams from those 3 bases, as well as CFS Holberg, CFS Masset, CFS Beaverlodge, CFS Aldergrove, CFS Baldy Hughes, CFS Kamloops and the Pacific Fleet. With the closure of CFB Chilliwack in 1995, the Logspiel was moved back and forth between CFB Comox and CFB Esquimalt.
In the early 2000’s, in order to reach more of the support community, the Pacific Logspiel was made an invitational bonspiel and a standing invite was extended to all Base Construction Engineering, Medical, Dental and Communications personnel. More recently the bonspiel was opened up to non military/DND personnel to ensure maximum participation. Since 2018 the Pacific Logistics Invitational Bonspiel has been hosted by CFB Esquimalt at the Esquimalt Curling Club and this year we shall celebrate the 45th Annual Logspiel.
Many good times were had over the years and many exciting games were played, lifelong friendships were forged over a libation or two. The time spent on the ice would often lead to an increased cooperation among the support services among our bases, stations and ships, as it is always easier to help a friend.
Register a team - it would be great to "See you on the ice!"
The Esquimalt 46th Annual Logspiel welcomes all curling teams. Please register your team soon to ensure your entry. We look forward to hosting another successful bonspiel and look forward to seeing you there.
To register contact Clay Snelling at 250-475-2356, or you can register online at the following link;
We currently have 0 Teams Registered
Feb 23, 2023
1:00pm - 3:00pm Draw # 1
3:30pm - 5:30pm Draw # 2
6:00pm - 12:00pm Meet & Greet - ECC Lounge
Feb 24, 2023
10:00am - 12:00pm Draw # 3
12:30pm - 1:00pm Opening Ceremonies
1:00pm - 3:00pm Draw # 4
3:00pm - 4:00pm Ice Maintenance
4:00pm - 6:00pm Draw # 5
6:30pm - 8:30pm Draw # 6
Feb 25, 2023
8:00am - 10:00am Draw # 7 Playoffs
10:30am - 12:30pm Draw # 8 Playoffs
12:30pm - 1:30pm Ice Maintenance
1:30pm - 3:30pm Draw # 9 Consolation Round
4:00pm - 6:00pm Draw # 10 Event Finals
6:00pm - 7:00pm Cocktails
7:00pm - 8:00pm Banquet
8:00pm - 8:30pm Prize Presentations
8:30pm - 1:00am Dance
• A reverse draw is included in your entry fee, with one lucky team receiving their $280 entry fee back at the banquet.
• A Calcutta draw is also included so your team will have a shot at the cash prizes going to a winner in each of the 4 events.
• Each team will be required to throw a draw to the button after their first game as per Rule # 6. This draw will be used to break ties in round robin play. A tape measure and a recording sheet will be provided at the end of sheet 4.
1. Curl BC General Rules of Play will apply.
2. Five rock free guard zone rule applies.
3. Points during Round Robin play are Win – 1 point, Loss – 0 points.
4. All games to start at the scheduled time and no new ends are to start after 1 hour and 50 minutes from when the first rock is thrown, except as noted in Rule # 8. An end is deemed to be complete and a new end started after the thirds have determined the score. A team being late will forfeit the hammer, one point, and the game will be shortened by one end for every 10 minutes late. The game will be forfeited after 30 minutes. In the event that both teams are forced to default, a winner will be determined by a coin toss conducted by bonspiel committee members.
5. All games will be eight ends or less except as noted in Rule # 7.
6. Ties in games prior to the event final games will be settled by a draw to the house;
i. any team member may throw the draw,
ii. sweeping is permitted by the throwing team only,
iii. rocks must be in the house to be counted,
iv. a tape measure will be provided at the end of sheet 4 for rock measurements.
7. Ties in event final games will be settled with an extra end.
8. No time limit shall be imposed on the event final games.